Interior Women's Health
Board Certified OB-GYNS, Midwives & Advanced Nurse Practitioners located in Fairbanks, AK
Why should you choose a nurse-midwife?
- We believe in the normalcy of pregnancy and birth:We believe that pregnancy and birth are normal processes and provide care that is sensitive to a woman's cultural, socioeconomic and psychological needs. Studies have shown that midwifery care reduces obstetrical interventions and reduces cesarean section rates.
- We support vaginal birth after a cesarean section: We also care for women who have had a previous cesarean and would like to try for a vaginal birth.
- We believe in women: We promote shared decision making: nurse-midwives educate women about their options so women can make informed decisions about their care.
- We believe in choice: Nurse-midwives support non-medicated and medicated births.
- We work as a team: We work within a team of OB\GYN physicians and nurse practitioners. Should you develop complications we can continue your care under the consultation of our OBGYN colleagues or transfer care to them if needed.
- We listen: We offer longer appointments so we have time to answer your questions and provide information.
- We care for women throughout their lifespan: Nurse-midwives have a Bachelor’s degree in nursing and a Masters in nurse-midwifery, which includes training in pregnancy, labor, birth, women’s health, and primary care. We care for women from adolescence and beyond.